The following steps will be followed as set by the State of Arizona and CDC guidelines. Please follow these directives when bringing your child to Family of Christ.
1. If anyone in your family has had any of the symptoms listed below, they should be tested and remain in quarantine for 14 days. If you are not sure about an illness, please get tested.
- Fever or chills. cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing.
- Fatigue, muscle or body aches; headaches.
- New loss of taste or smell; sore throat, congestion or runny nose.
- Nausea, vomiting, and/or diarrhea.
2. Individuals or families recently traveling out of state must not come to school and should quarantine for 14 days upon your return to home.
3. During the school year if you or any family member has contracted Covid-19 you must notify the school immediately.
4. Class times will be staggered to reduce congestion and aid in social distancing requirements.
5. At drop off:
- We ask families to follow the social distance recommendations of 6 feet while waiting to enter the building and all adults wear facial coverings as directed by the Governor.
- Children temperature will be taken and recorded, and accompanying parents’/guardians’ will be taken only.
- If it is your first visit to Family of Christ we will inquire about your recent health and travel, as outlined above.
- Water bottles, lunch boxes and backpacks will be sanitized.
- Toys, stuffed animals, and blankets will not be permitted.
- Sign in sheets will be on the tables in the office area.
- A staff member will walk your child to class (and escort them to you at pick up time).
- Children’s hands will be washed with soap and water upon entering the classroom.
- Snacks will not be provided. Each child must bring their own snacks and/or lunch for the day.
- Teachers will be sanitizing and disinfecting throughout the day and the building and playground will be sanitized every night.
- Children hands will be sanitized when they return to the classroom from play.
- Teachers will be required to wear a face shield in the classroom, but we are not requiring children to wear a mask.
Family of Christ Early Education is not a mandatory education facility. Each family accepts the risk that we cannot guarantee your child will not be exposed to the coronavirus, or any other socially transmitted illness, even though we are taking the recommended and prudent steps to protect everyone.
If you should have any questions, please feel free to call us anytime at (480) 759-4047
Director, Family of Christ