The Substitute supports the Lead Teacher in carrying out or creating and implementing the classroom curriculum. The Substitute is under the guidance and direction of the Lead Teacher. The Substitute is required to comply with all the Arizona Department of Health guidelines and regulations.
- Collaborate with the Lead Teacher to nurture and stimulate each child’s development as well as assist with arranging materials for the daily activities.
- Promote a positive classroom environment for the children’s learning and growth.
- Help maintain discipline according to the school guidelines and methods.
- Assist in the maintenance of a safe clean classroom environment in compliance with school policies.
- Give full attention to the class, as well as the individual child.
- Count each child during transition times such as chapel, playground, and any activity when the students leave and return to the classroom.
- Assist children with proper hygiene.
- High School or High School Equivalency diploma
- 12 months employment as a teacher assistant, caregiver or related experience.